Find a solution to your employment dispute and start early conciliation

You complete and send this form to tell Acas that you:

  • have a dispute with your employer
  • intend to make a claim to an employment tribunal

The information you give us is confidential

You are NOT applying to the employment tribunal when you complete and send this form.

Once you've told us the details of your dispute, you can use our free early conciliation service. Conciliation helps you to try and find a solution without going to tribunal. If you do not want early conciliation we'll issue the certificate you need to make an employment tribunal claim

Required: your employer's name and address Important:

You will need your employer's name and address to complete this service. You will usually find these details on your payslip, contract or letter of employment.

Notifying Acas step by step

  1. Step Step 1 Notify Acas about your dispute

    Provide names and addresses of the people or organisations involved.

  2. StepStep 2

    Tell us briefly about your dispute, so that we can have an informed first conversation with you.

  3. StepStep 3

    We will email you or send you a letter explaining what happens next.


This form should take around 10 minutes.

Start now

Before you start

As part of the conciliation process we will issue a certificate to you that will include your personal address information. Where we speak to the organisation or person you are claiming against we will also send this certificate to them. Find out more about how we store, use and protect your personal information

You may want to seek legal advice before you start, or consult your representative if you are a member of a trade union.

If you are unsure what to do about your dispute, call us on 0300 123 1100.

If you are unable to use this online service, please call us on 0300 123 1122 or find other ways to contact us.

This service is also available in Welsh (Cymraeg).